Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeaD
Level 7

Error code 020 on only the newest Rooku

I have three Roku devices attached to my Vizio TVs.  I bought the first two Roku Express 4K + in August and have no problem with them.  Every once in a while I get a message that says "Roku is having trouble playing this content.  Not sure what that is about but I hit OK and the program continues.  In October I bought another Roku Express 4K+ and placed on the TV in our Game/Family room.  This is the one that gives me error code 020.  I can watch for a long while and it suddenly appears.  I have unplugged, shut down, pugged into the wall outlet, moved to another HDMI port on the TV all to no avail!  I see many complaints about this but so far no real fix.  Anyone?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Error code 020 on only the newest Rooku

I've seen plenty of complaints over the years without any one solution.  Can you try shuffling things around to see if the problem stays with the Roku device or the TV or a particular cable or power adapter?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
LeaD
Level 7

Re: Error code 020 on only the newest Rooku

I havent tried that yet.  I upgraded my internet speed to see if that helps.  If not I will try the "roku shuffle"  I think there should be someone to figure this out!

0 Kudos