Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rado1
Reel Rookie

Error Code is not letting me see video

Jump to solution

020 error Code won't let see video...what do I do 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Error Code is not letting me see video

Jump to solution

Hi @Rado1,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We recommend replacing the HDMI cable or connecting the device to a different HDMI port on your TV usually helps resolve the issue.

Check out this link for troubleshooting steps and tips to help resolve the issue: What to do if you see an “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen | Official Roku Support 
Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Rado1,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We recommend replacing the HDMI cable or connecting the device to a different HDMI port on your TV usually helps resolve the issue.

Check out this link for troubleshooting steps and tips to help resolve the issue: What to do if you see an “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen | Official Roku Support 
Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
norbbauman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We tried all of your suggestions but are still having the problem.  Changing the HDMI port works for a day and then you have to switch it to another the next day.  This is unacceptable.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@norbbauman, look for a "power saving" option under Settings->System->Power and if it's there disable it.  It may be interfering with the HDMI handshake.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
norbbauman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I disabled the power saving option but still have same problem.  I bought a new HDMI cable, etc.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @norbbauman,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

If this issue is not resolved with the error "HDCP", please help us with additional information provided below that would be helpful for our team to look into this problem.
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 timesfollowed by the Back button 5 times)
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos