Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wsm9953

Error Code Media Not Allowed 0066: Account not found for requested client

I am trying to watch a game through the ESPN app.  When I select the game I get the following error code:  

Media Not Allowed 0066: Account not found for requested client

How can I fix this?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Error Code Media Not Allowed 0066: Account not found for requested client

@Wsm9953 

Who is your content provider? Who did you use to authenticate the app?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Two possible considerations come to mind:

• Games in the ESPN channel app that are marked with an ESPN logo require a subscription to a paid "tv provider" account that includes ESPN, and a login using credentials for that account.
  • Games in the ESPN channel app marked with an ESPN+ logo require a separate ESPN+ subscription.

Some tv providers may include both subscriptions at once.  I was just reading that Hulu Plus Live TV does, there could be others.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
DBDukes

@makaiguy 

Point of information: When Hulu Plus Live TV raised their prices recently, $65 to $70 monthly, they added the Disney Bundle of Hulu, Disney Plus, and ESPN Plus.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Cammi1

When I try to watch a show on the A and E app it says 0066 Account not found for requested client IP

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Cammi1

Thanks for the post. 

For the issue you're experiencing with the channel, we recommend contacting their support team directly for more information and better insight into how their channel works on Roku. They'll be the best ones to help you out with that matter. 

For a list of channels' contact information, visit here: Channel contact list.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos