Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Erratic streaming from W10 media player to Roku express with HDMI TV

New Roku express. Set up with hdmi to tv. Downloaded Roku channel. So I download PBS movies to my W10 computer, add them to the media player library. Watch program through my WiFi from Media Player to Roku/TV. 1040 HD videos, ts format. After everything set up, I block the Roku MAC address from the internet with my router's parental controls. Watch program from media player, works fine, back up/FF/pause, all fine. So next time I download another show, go to watch it and it starts and then stops, resets, Roku says bad connection/no internet connection. Well, yes I've disabled it's access. So I allow access, Media player movie now works. Download another program add to library turn off internet access to roku. Now same **bleep**, movie loads and stops, starts and stops, starts and stops, roku says no internet connection.

Well, I don't need an internet connection if I'm streaming from my W10 pc from media player to roku/tv. So I enable internet again. Still won't work. Back/FF now don't work. Pause works.

Is there any reliable way to make roku play streaming from w10 media player without internet? I have limited bandwidth and I don't need roku constantly connecting to internet. That's why I download programs in my 'bonus' period between 2am and 7am and watch them at my convenience on the roku/tv from media player instead of the computer.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Erratic streaming from W10 media player to Roku express with HDMI TV

I see most of these questions go unanswered. Support here is useless. But I'm assuming that roku doesn't want to be used without an internet connection. More spyware. And people thought the gov't was spying on us, they don't hold a candle to these creeps.

0 Kudos