Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thriftymom1973
Channel Surfer

Episodes not playing from the start on Roku Channel

I am watching various shows on Roku Channel.  When a new episode starts it's about 15 minutes in and i have to slide and restart the episode.  Any info on why this would be happening? I have tried and various platforms including online so I know it's not an app issue.  

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Episodes not playing from the start on Roku Channel

@Thriftymom1973 

Give us a specific example. I'll try watching it on my end and see if it does the same thing here.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Thriftymom1973
Channel Surfer

Right now watching the mentalist s4 e20 when it’s done it goes to next episode each time at 14 min 4 seconds. Sam time each new episode. I am watching online pc chrome 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Thriftymom1973 

I'm not able to replicate the issue on my setup. I just watched The Mentalist 4,20 and when it finished, it started 4:21 from the beginning. Whatever is going on with your situation, is not impacting others. Or at least, not all others.

So, let's check some things. Go to the Show page for The Mentalist within The Roku Channel. If you're in the midst of an episode, it will list something like the following:

► Resume
↻ Play from beginning
ⓘ See all episodes
⊕ Add to Save List
… More like this

Go to the next episode, the one after the one you're currently watching, and see if it shows a Play or Resume option.

If Play, then determine if it actually starts from the beginning (as Play would indicate) or if it starts into the program, as Resume would indicate.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Thriftymom1973
Channel Surfer

It does not but when I finished this current episode and let it go to the next it jumped to 34:17

0 Kudos
Thriftymom1973
Channel Surfer

92D72113-829E-43C3-B60D-30C51417831F.jpeg

image.jpg

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Thriftymom1973 

You're using a browser? Huh. I didn't know you were using a browser. I figured you were using a Roku.

I'm using a Roku device. The interfaces are different, and the Web browser doesn't offer the option to Play From Beginning. I went to an episode I had begun, and it just offered Play, and it picked up where I was.

Do you not have a Roku device? The testing I was suggesting you do were under the assumption you were using a Roku. That test can't be conducted on a browser.

Do you not have a Roku?

DBDukes

0 Kudos