Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Komits41
Level 8

Re: Earbuds and speakers on at the same time

Jump to solution

I own several Roku's besides the Ultra and the ear bud /TV speakers sequence worked on all devices I tested other then the Ultra.  My test included re-pairing the Enhanced voice remote with each Roku device and testing the sequence UUDDUUUDDD.  It's interesting only the Ultra has had an update recently - 10/23/20  ver 9.4.0-4176, all the others have not had an update since August ver 9.3.0-4194.

LocationModelVerBuildLast Update 
Master bedUltra9.4.0417610/23/2020 1:55pmdoesn't
LRStick9.3.041948/7/20 11:17pmWorked
StudioRoku 39.3.041948/8/20 9:22amWorked
Kitchenstick9.3.0419410/9/20 9:18pmWorked (Purched 10/9)
Bedroom 1stick9.3.041948/7/20 8:36pmWorked

Conclusion: ear bud /TV speakers sequence has been blocked/removed on Ultra either by intent or accident with ver 9.4.0, other devices still work today but may not when update 9.4.0 is pushed to those devices

rsmith0399
Level 7

Jump to solution

My Ultra also stopped recognizing the code.  This stopped sometime in late October 2020.

Cwork12
Level 7

Jump to solution

I just purchased a Roku Streaming Stick + and it was delivered/installed today (11/10/2020),  I was surprised like many of you that the remote doesn't work with the speakers playing on the TV.  I help care for an elderly parent and the idea was, as others mentioned, to watch TV together.  The ROKU device seemed to be the perfect fit.  VERY disappointed.  I tried the recommended sequence everyone had mentioned it will not work.  ROKU...how about a response and solution.

br5724
Level 7

Jump to solution

This no longer works. Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks

Bryan

0 Kudos
Jcady55434
Level 7

Jump to solution

You could plug a splitter into the Roku remote then plug headphones in and plug a portable speaker 

Not a perfect solution but a work around  

0 Kudos
GoldenBeta
Level 7

Jump to solution

Indeed, the volume level control sequence of 'up up down down up up up down down down' works with my brand new Roku Ultra.

Kudos!

0 Kudos
Jim_CO
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yes, but have you updated the firmware of your Ultra yet? As mentioned by several others in this thread, that seems to be what’s disabling the key-sequence function which activates both speakers and earbuds…

0 Kudos
Komits41
Level 8

Jump to solution

Danny from Roku replied to this issue here:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Device-Features-Settings-Updates/Private-Listening-and-TV-Speaker...

Basically it says:  Yes, this feature is disabled but he has passed along the feedback to the appropriate team regarding this feature request.

0 Kudos
leahwales
Level 7

Jump to solution

This used to work beautifully but no longer works.  Any suggestions on how to remedy?

0 Kudos
marysunshine14
Level 9

Jump to solution

That will be that last you hear from Roku. Sorry.

Have tried for months to get an answer. Oh you may get an email asking if you want to close your ticket. 

0 Kudos