Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nialey
Level 7

ESPN Channel PlayBack error: " Content not available at this time"

The espn app stopped working a couple of days ago.  The app says "okay" once it's launched and then it says "content is not available at this time. Please try again later.". The app is working on the other tvs and the firstick but not he westinghouse roku TV.  Any ideas. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Espn app stopped working 2 days ago.

Try reinstalling the ESPN app:

1) Log out of ESPN app (in app:  Settings/Account Information)

2) Remove the app (Highlight the app, press the Options (*) button on the remote, then Remove)

3) RESTART the Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!!

4) Re-install the app

5) Re-login/Re-activate account(s) in app

(Otherwise, settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)

Its also the case that some connections (IPs/IP ranges) were/are being blocked by Disney/Hulu/ESPN, so if this issue persists after reinstall/re-authentication contact them and verify your IP address/POP isnt being blocked.

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
rwyatt05
Level 7

Still experiencing the same issue. Called ESPN support and they told me that it is a known issue related to the last Roku update and that Roku is working with them on a solution. 

0 Kudos
MilesT
Level 9

Similar glitches in the past with BBC iPlayer and youtube.

Sometimes because of RokuOS behaviour changes in releases, but also can be due to lack of memory in older devices.

Try to uninstall ESPN and as many other channels as you can tolerate (generally you can add back later but may need to login again). There is one US local TV/cable app and one movie app which you must not delete, not a UK problem so I don't know precisely which. I would also leave YouTube TV subscription app (if you have it) alone.

Then update, restart, add ESPN back. Restart, and try it.

Then add back other apps one by one with restarts to see if ESPN fails again.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're running into! I'd be happy to help take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

If you are still having any issues with ESPN and receiving an error message of " Content not available this time" and after following the basic playback troubleshooting steps, kindly provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
rwyatt05
Level 7

Mary,  the information for my errors with Disney Plus and ESPN apps is below. 

Device model 3900X Roku Express

Serial number YG000G393888

Software 10.0.0 build 4209-51

Issue ID 88-264-921 (ESPN app v 3.6 build 2021040800)

Issue ID 88-264-923 (Disney app v 1.14 build 2021062101)

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Thanks for providing the information needed, @rwyatt05

Our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Regards,
Mary

vver6229
Level 7

I'm also still having this content problem with the ESPN channel, just keeps saying "Okay" at load and then the message "content is not available at this time" - I have done everything, I even did a full factory reset of the device to no avail

Device: Roku TV 7811X

Serial#: YN00RR977101

device ID: QK504R977101

Software version: 10.0.0

TRacker ID: 01-273-721

This issue occurs only with the ESPN channel that I've seen so far

0 Kudos