Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Allyb262005
Level 7

Double split screen on Roku streaming stick plus

I recently purchased the streaming stick plus. It works fine, but sometimes when I turn it on it has a double split home screen in faded colors. If I restart it, it returns to normal. I did a live chat with Roku and they had me unplug and plug and all that good stuff. We plugged the stick into a different HDMI port. It’s still doing the same thing. I contacted them again and they said it’s my TV settings and I need to contact the manufacturer. I have a Sony Vizio that is just over a year old. If it’s my TV settings, wouldn’t I have the double screen all the time?  Any advice?  Thank you. 
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
beverley
Level 7

Re: Double split screen on Roku streaming stick plus

Were you able to get this resolved? I have an older Sony Bravia KDL-55V5100 and though I don't have any split-screen issue, the Roku screen is showing up extremely faded to the point I can barely see it. I've tried all HDMI ports, but that doesn't resolve it. The TV works fine with our Bose AV System, i.e., full color, so I can't understand why the picture is unusable with my brand-new Roku Streaming Stick+

0 Kudos
Highlighted
KirklandE
Level 7

Re: Double split screen on Roku streaming stick plus

I have this problem with a Roku Ultimate and a Sony TV, and figured out how to recreate and avoid the problem. It happens to me when I have been watching Netflix, and simply press the ‘home’ button on the Roku remote. Rather than resetting the Roku, I go back into Netflix and the screen is fine again. Then all I have to do is exit Netflix by pressing the left arrow button repeatedly next to the ‘home’ button on the Roku remote. Keep pressing repeatedly until the left menu opens up, and an option in the bottom left corner will say ‘exit Netflix’. If I exit that way, I’ll be back on the Roku Home screen with a beautiful single screen. It’s a little more work than just pressing ‘home’, but I’ll take it.

0 Kudos