Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doeplu

Dolby vision not working with Netflix

I turned my Netflix on yesterday and a show that I was already watching in Dolby vision was not working properly. It was distorted and unwatchable. It work just fine until yesterday.

14 REPLIES 14
Rockmom
Reel Rookie

Re: Dolby vision not working with Netflix

I’m having the exact same problem, but only on my 65”. My other Roku tv is 55” and movies play just fine on that. On Netflix I can’t watch anything that’s in Dolby vision. This is what picture looks like. 85F47F84-AED1-4213-8BDA-CCB392A84F39.jpeg

Rockmom
Reel Rookie

I decided to try unplugging TV for at least 30 sec and hot **bleep** if that didn’t do the trick! Hope this helps others with this same dumb issue! 

Abdo

I have the exact same issue. Did you manage to solve it? 

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Having the same issue with brand new TCL Roku tv. Won’t play anything on Apple TV+ (Dolby Vision).

0 Kudos
drewbrz

have had the same issue. Had to restart the tv in settings and everything works again.

0 Kudos
Denpin

I turned my Roku TV off and unplugged it for about 10 to 12 minutes and then it worked fine

Denpin

30 seconds is not long enough I had to unplug mine for 10 to 12 minutes and then it works as good as new don't be visions fine

0 Kudos
Denpin

Unplug it for 10 to 12 minutes then it works fine after

0 Kudos
mkbnj
Streaming Star

There was an update Feb 21 2022, and I just tried to watch my first Dolby Vision episode. I am getting that "snow" picture. This is on Netflix and Apple TV. Using the built-in Google TV on my Sony, the picture is fine. I have tried powering down for 30 minutes and that does not work. Anyone else having this issue? Any solution? Is is related to the Roku update?

0 Kudos