Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tschup0
Level 7

Dolby Vision/HDR not playing on Roku TV apps with TCL 65R617

I’m having an issue with built in Roku TV on my TCL 65r617 not playing Dolby Vision/HDR. My Apple TV running through HDMI correctly plays Dolby Vision on same apps, same content (toggling back and forth between Roku and Apple comparing content on AT&T TV and Netflix).

4 REPLIES 4\
Madzikk12
Level 7

Re: Dolby Vision/HDR not playing on Roku TV apps with TCL 65R617

I have the same problem. My TCL 65s535 is not displaying Dolby vision at all! Did you manage to solve the issue??

DrDeathEMS
Level 7

I have the same t.v. HDR and Dolby work with my PlayStation including all the media apps on the PS... but apparently the built in Roku Apps on the TCL - 65S535 don't support it. I may return this T.V....  after doing some research I realized they have been doing this for years, so I am not feeling very confident they will update the built in apps to support HDR and Dolby. 

0 Kudos
codemancmc
Level 8

I just encountered this trying to watch 4K rental for Ready Player One on both AppleTV app and VUDU app. Both have green screen corruption like the attachment. Content does not play.Green screen corruption during DolbyVision playback

0 Kudos
codemancmc
Level 8

0 Kudos