Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DJB62
Level 9

Dolby Digital 5.1 Soundtrack

Hi,

Yesterday, 29th October 2020  Roku was kind enough to release a firmware update for the Roku Express that total erased the Settings in the audio for Dolby digital 5.1 surround tracks.

The only option thats left is two channel stereo which has completely robbed me and others of the full Cinematic experience.  Roku why have you done this  who else has received this updated erasing 5.1surround sound. 

0 Kudos
14 Replies
skidsharples
Level 7

Re: Dolby Digital 5.1 Soundtrack

My Roku +HD has done exactly the same thing.

It seems that Roku have forgotten about people who plug a Roku into an AV receiver and have more than one output. The Roku cannot recognise the different outputs. 

Roku needs to add the feature to select Dolby 5.1 rather than the auto feature. 

If Roku fails to fix, this could alienate some of the AV community.

DJB62
Level 9

Should Roku  fail to reinstate support for 5.1 surround sound then my Roku Express will be sold soon.

There again we pay our hard earned cash for these products and this is what happens. 

alex111
Level 7

My streaming stick plus has had the same thing happen. 

0 Kudos
DJB62
Level 9

Well if the Dolby digital surround track support is not reinstated then i will ditch my Roku stick and purchase another brand very soon.

DJB62
Level 9

Well its Totaly Alienated me and if Roku fails to reinstate the 5.1 capability then I will move to another brand of streaming stick and sell my Roku Express on and their customer support is non existent, trying to get an answer from Roku after emailing them is like trying to turn Water into Wine.

DJB62
Level 9

Hi,

So far no communication from Roku Regarding my complaint as to  the loss of Dolby digita 5.1 Surround support on the Roku Express following the 9.4 software update that my device received on the 29th October 2020 abd to when they are going to reinstate 5.1 Dolby digital surround surround. 

0 Kudos
DJB62
Level 9

Hi,

Following my previous posts and my complaint to Roku  following the loss of support for Dolby digital surround track after the 9.4 software update, i can confirm that tonight my Roku Express recevied another software updste sort of reinstating Dolby digital surround 5.1 support that only works on my Roku Express with Google Play.

The Dolby digital 5.1  surround options does not currently work with Disney plus, Netflix Apple Tv and Noe Tv which is frustrating and no matter hoe many time i reconfigure the device on these Apps I'm  only getting two  channel stereo and Rolu needs to sort this out ASP.

0 Kudos
DJB62
Level 9

Latest update.

Following the latest firmware update I'm  now only  receiving Dolby digital 5.1 surround on Google play and Apple Tv.

I briefly received Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound on Disney plus, Now Tv and Netflix on the Dolby Digital plus setting but this has now ceased and i now only receive stereo sound only from these apps even though they show they are outputting 5.1 surround sound. 

Theres obviously a'software conflict between the Apps and Rokus software. 

Come on Roku, 

Please sort these issues out with the 5.1 Dolby Digital Soundtrack on the App's. 

lesmikesell
Level 13

Most services these days are sending DD+ for surround sound.  Are you connecting directly to a receiver and does it handle DD+ (which differs from DD 5.1)?

0 Kudos