Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Roku output 5.1 or 7.1 LPCM

Does anyone know if the audio output on any of the Roku models will support lossless 5.1 or 7.1 channel PCM?  I want to connect it to a splitter like this, but I think it only supports LPCM:

http://www.ambery.com/au-hcp2.html

Or, is there another way I can split the output into analog signals?  I have separate power amps for each channel.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
davonavo

Re: Does Roku output 5.1 or 7.1 LPCM

I monitor the output data format of my Vizio sound bar with a Vizio Smart cast Mobil controller. This is done wirelessly, and gives a reliable indication of the actual data format of the audio signal. I have a Roku Ultra streamer connected to a Vizio TV. I have been used to seeing a Dolby Digital + indication and figures this was the best for accurate sound. I was surprised when watching a HBO + show to see the controller indicate a LPCM format.

I assumed this was an inferior data rate until my research showed it was possibility better. And the sound was awesome.

So yes, under these conditions, and with this lineup of equiptment, my Roku streamer will recognize and process a LPCM signal.

0 Kudos