Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Display not working

every time I turn my tv on, there’s no picture on the screen. I’ve tried resetting my tv through my remote, pressing the reset button on the back of the tv at least 50 times, and unplugged and plugged it back in. I can’t seem to get my display to work and I don’t know what to do about it. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 21

Re: Display not working

Need far more information. Are you using a Roku player, or is this a Roku TV? if a player, what model number is it (might be tough to get if you can't see the screen). If it's a player, can you try it on a different TV, or at least a different port on the TV? 

If it's a Roku TV, and you can't get anything at all on the screen, it's a likely hardware issue, and you have to contact the TV manufacturer for assistance there. Roku doesn't build the TVs, they all come from different manufacturers. 

When you say you've tried to reset the TV with the remote, does that mean you can still see the TV menus? How would you use the remote to reset if you can't see anything?

Note that to do a factory reset on any Roku device, including a Roku TV, you have to press and hold the reset button for a minimum of 30 seconds, and not one second less. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Level 7

I’m using a Roku TV, I’ve seen videos on YouTube saying if you press certain buttons on the remote a certain amount of times that it will reset the TV. It worked for other people it seems, but not for me. And I did hold the reset button for more than 30 seconds but it didn’t seem to fix anything unfortunately.  

I got my TV from Walmart and paid extra for a warranty so I think I will just return it and buy a new one, just sucks though cause this is a hassle. 

0 Kudos
Level 21

@Erika_ wrote:

I’m using a Roku TV, I’ve seen videos on YouTube saying if you press certain buttons on the remote a certain amount of times that it will reset the TV. It worked for other people it seems, but not for me. And I did hold the reset button for more than 30 seconds but it didn’t seem to fix anything unfortunately.  

I got my TV from Walmart and paid extra for a warranty so I think I will just return it and buy a new one, just sucks though cause this is a hassle. 

Yes, I believe that would be the smart thing to do. If the factory reset isn't accomplishing anything, there's a hardware issue with your TV. Since you have the warranty that's the best way to go. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos