Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Disney+ screen glitches on Roku Premiere

I have a Roku Premiere and every time I start playing something on Disney+, that screen glitches, starts to flash, I get input disconnections to my TV, etc. This condition persists when I press the Home button to return to the main screen. The only way to fix this is to restart my Roku.

Any suggestions as to what may be causing this and how I might resolve the issue?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Disney+ screen glitches on Roku Premiere

I have no solutions, but to satisfy my own curiosity (since there are now 3 of us here with similar problems posted today) do you have your Roku & TV hooked up to a soundbar?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@mbifnet wrote:

I have no solutions, but to satisfy my own curiosity (since there are now 3 of us here with similar problems posted today) do you have your Roku & TV hooked up to a soundbar?

My TV is hooked up to a soundbar, Roku sound runs through the TV, into to soundbar. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

The other two of us have Roku Ultras, and not a Roku Premiere, but it does seem related to the use of the soundbar since that's all three of us having this issue are having it with a soundbar.

What brand of soundbar?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have a Samsung soundbar.

The funny thing is that I also have an Amazon Fire Stick and Disney+ works fine on that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

So all three of us having this issue are using Samsung soundbars with our Roku devices.  Another piece to the puzzle!

I don't doubt that your Fire Stick works fine with it.

I hope there is some sort of solution to this seeming incompatibility with the Roku + soundbars, though.  Hopefully someone with some more knowledge and experience can grant us all some insight.

0 Kudos