Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Altsean06
Level 7

Disney+ - cannot change audio track to get rid of descriptive text

We just bought a 3930x Roku Express. When we log into Disney+ and ONLY Disney+, descriptive narrating audio plays over the movie. When we press the * button, we do not have the option to change the audio at all. How can I fix this? It is not a TV issue, it’s only in Disney+ through this new Roku

0 Kudos
3 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Disney+ - cannot change audio track to get rid of descriptive text

I don't have a Disney subscription so I can only speak from a general perspective.

Some apps do not use the default Roku controls but instead add their own.  The standard * button to access options may not be supported by Disney.   I've seen other apps where one needed to press the up or down arrow controls to access some of their options, and sometimes one needs to then go left or right from there.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 13

Just double checking, are you pressing the "*" button when a movie is playing?  The button behaves differently depending on if a video is playing or not.

Just a shot in the dark.

It also appears that changing your Roku to Stereo Only will fix it at least as an interim solution.

https://allfortheboys.com/how-to-turn-audio-descriptions-off-on-roku-for-disney/

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

I just fired up D+ on my Roku TV. When a movie is playing I can hit the * button, and there is an option to select the audio track being played. I can't say for 100% that a non-TV Roku has the same option, but I would expect it does. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos