Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bugeek
Level 7

Re: Disable speaker cutoff on Roku 3

Thanks Mark.. Could this be somehow integrated into an on-screen option in a later firmware revision, and polished to become a supported feature, knowing this actually cinched the deal to upgrade...
0 Kudos
kc8pql
Level 7

He won't be able to comment about that. Roku employes don't talk out of class about potential features.
You can be assured it's on their radar now though.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos
dwbrooks1
Level 7

When I use the UUDD secquence, the TV speakers only stay on for about 20 seconds, then they shut off. Is this peculiar to my system or is there something I can do to keep the TV speakers on while I also hear the audio on my headphones?
0 Kudos
DerekHelps
Level 7

"RokuMarkn" wrote:
It is intended for debugging and is not a supported feature, but you can try it out.....
--Mark

"dwbrooks1" wrote:
When I use the UUDD secquence, the TV speakers only stay on for about 20 seconds, then they shut off. Is this peculiar to my system or is there something I can do to keep the TV speakers on while I also hear the audio on my headphones?

Point is, not a supported feature.
Netgear WNR2000v2
Linksys WRT54G with DD-WRT Firmware acting as Client Bridge
Soundbridge M2000/M500/R1000
Roku 2 XS 3100
-------------------------------------------------
It's all in the <sup>details</sup>
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Level 8

As mentioned, this is not a supported or released feature. As a result, it may not have been tested or it may not work as expected. Also,it's subject to change or removal at any time.
0 Kudos
Matt9876
Level 7

"dwbrooks1" wrote:

+1, I hope ROKU decides to make it a supported feature in the next firmware upgrade, Please ?? Smiley Happy
ROKU Premiere Plus
ROKU 4
ROKU 3
Tablo OTA DVR
Samsung 4K UHD TV
Hisense 4K TV
0 Kudos
PeteLP
Level 7

PLEASE add my vote to the list of folks who REALLY, REALLY want this feature. I also found the debug mode shuts off quickly. The remote audio makes it POSSIBLE for me to understand speech for content without subtitles.

I'd be THRILLED even if they left it as debug mode only (which would make the whole job only about 2 minutes of programming time ) but just changed the functionality so that the main audio stays on permanently. The same sequence (or another sequence) could be used to turn the main audio off again.

That's a lot of happiness for just two minutes of programming time.

One suggestion for those who need this as I do. You might consider buying an additional roku remote so you can each have your own headphones, each with your own volume level, as well as with the extra speech clarity that this provides. Given that the volume control does nothing when the headphones are not plugged in, (I've tested that) and given how useful it would be to HAVE roku control the HDMI volume for the general user, it seems likely that the volume level controls really are specific to each remote's little internal amp.
0 Kudos
Gilgamesh
Level 8

"PeteLP" wrote:
One suggestion for those who need this as I do. You might consider buying an additional roku remote so you can each have your own headphones, each with your own volume level, as well as with the extra speech clarity that this provides. Given that the volume control does nothing when the headphones are not plugged in, (I've tested that) and given how useful it would be to HAVE roku control the HDMI volume for the general user, it seems likely that the volume level controls really are specific to each remote's little internal amp.

The remote headphone option only functions on one remote at a time.
0 Kudos
BoloMKXXVIII
Level 7

"RokuPatrick" wrote:
As mentioned, this is not a supported or released feature. As a result, it may not have been tested or it may not work as expected. Also,it's subject to change or removal at any time.

It would make more sense to turn this into an official feature. Judging by the response in this thread and by some of the people I know (getting older too) this would be a big selling point. Roku3 being accessible to the hard of hearing definitely gives it another leg up on the competition!
The NSA is the largest criminal organization in the United States.
0 Kudos
dwanthny
Level 8

"BoloMKXXVIII" wrote:
"RokuPatrick" wrote:

It would make more sense to turn this into an official feature. Judging by the response in this thread and by some of the people I know (getting older too) this would be a big selling point. Roku3 being accessible to the hard of hearing definitely gives it another leg up on the competition!

^^^^+1^^^^
0 Kudos