Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wayne1935
Level 7

Digital audio question

I'm using the HD Homerun App with our Roku 3. However, Live TV doesn't give us sound via the optical output on the TV using headphones to the optical port. There is sound from the TV speakers. 

The optical output is working because we had a sound bar at one time and all the other apps (Netflix, Prime Video, etc.) give sound to the headphones.

I've tried a different Roku device with similar results.  I'm wondering if the Live TV audio stream from the HD Homerun app is incompatible with Roku devices because if I run a HD Homerun recording through MCE Buddy (MCE Buddy has specific settings for Roku), we get sound from the optical port to our headphones.

Does anyone know if the HD Homerun Live TV stream is compatible with any Roku device?

TIA<

wayne

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NTC
Level 10

Re: Digital audio question

The audio for the HDHomeRun app on my Roku Ultra works fine. You may want to look at your TV settings for your digital output, PCM/bitstream.

0 Kudos
JoeRet
Level 7

Yes, HD HomeRun Connect Duo is compatible with Roku.  I have two Roku devices.  One in the bedroom that is currently working with Audio live streaming from the device from the attic where it is physically sitting, connected to an over the air antenna and then connected by ethernet cable to a router to join my home network.  That network delivers the HD HomeRun Duo to my iPhones, iPads, and two TVs.

The second Roku is connected through a Onkyo AVR, Model TX-NR656, and delivers Audio and Video to my Samsung TV via HDMI connection to the main HDMI TV port.

The Roku device delivers sound and video from all sources/channels shown on the Home page EXCEPT for the HD HomeRun Connect device.  I have verified just before I wrote this reply.  Only the HD HomeRun audio will not come through.  The video is fine.  I have verified that Netflix audio and video are good.  I have changed methodically the audio settings but nothing allows the HD HomeRun device to provide audiod.  Hopes this helps you.

0 Kudos
wayne1935
Level 7

Thanx, JoeRet.

I bought one of the Chromcast with Google TV and the HD Homerun App works fine with with our LG 49LF5500. We get sound from both the TV speakers and the digital out.

I still haven't been able to get our HD Homerun Prime to work with the Homerun App. We get weak sound from the TV speakers but we don't seem to be able to adjust the sound.

The new Chromcast comes with a remote but there is no Spectrum TV App for the Chromcast; so wehave to cast that from my phone. A bit of a nuisance but as long as the HD Homerun app works, we don't need the Spectrum TV App.

wayne