Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CoastalJack
Level 7

Device won't wake from Sleep

I've got 3 Roku 3's. All of a sudden, all 3 are having trouble waking up after a few hours. I can get them restarted by unplugging the power, then replugging it back in. 
Anyone else having this problem ? Any suggestions ?
0 Kudos
10 Replies
maine4me
Level 7

Re: This is strange .....

Mine is working fine, model 4200 X is what I have.
0 Kudos
Rfine12
Level 7

Yes!  I too am having the same kind of problem!

I have a “3600R streaming stick” and a “Roku 3”.  Both units are freezing up during the night.  When I get up in the morning the remotes will not function and only power cycling will fix the problem.  Some nights only one of the units will experience the issue.  This all started a few days ago.

The 3600R Streaming Stick operates on my 5G WiFi band.
The Roku 3 operates on my 2.4G WiFi band.

The only recent change in my house electronics is the installation of an Ambient Weather Station, model WS-2902A.  It operates at 915 MHz.

This one has me stumped!

If you have any ideas where my trouble shooting should go, I would be thankful!

Have a great day!
0 Kudos
CoastalJack
Level 7

I can't figure this one out either. I have HULU live TV , and wondering if there might be some kind of signal from HULU killing my ROKU's over night.
0 Kudos
Rfine12
Level 7

Another thing that comes to mind is that I have been watching a lot of baseball on the MLB.TV app on both Roku devices. It has been a troublesome app but I wouldn’t think it could cause both Roku devices to lockup overnight.  Since I’m out of more normal ideas, I’m going to power cycle the Roku 3 and not use the MLB.TV app on it for a few of days.  I’ll let you know how it goes.
0 Kudos
davidf95
Level 7

I'm having this issue too. 3 Roku 3a. On all TVs the screensaver is going but the remote does nothing. Unplugging the Roku 3 brings it back up. But for the last two days, we've had to do this once per day. I've tried everything except reset to default. I find it strange all 3 started doing this at the same time.
0 Kudos
CoastalJack
Level 7

David95 - That's exactly what happening to all 3 of my Roku 3's.
0 Kudos
Rfine12
Level 7

My Roku 3 had a software update on June 19.  I wonder if there is a bug in the latest software version?
0 Kudos
Rfine12
Level 7

My Streaming Stick 3600R and Roku 3 both were locked up again this morning.  This is not OK.  I have sent an email to tech support.
0 Kudos
CoastalJack
Level 7

My current  ROKU Software version is : 8.0.0. build 4184-04
0 Kudos