Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emiliedoll5
Level 7

Device freezes and gives me low power messages

I’ve had my 3900x for a little over a year, with little to no problems. I tried to use it a few days ago, and it’s as if it freezes. I scroll once, after that it doesn’t respond for a few minutes. After about ten minutes of this, I get a pop up screen that says my tv doesn’t emit enough power to run the device. I don’t power the device with the HDMI cord, I have a separate power cord for that. I plugged it into my tv in my bedroom, and it seemed to be fine for a few minutes, then goes back to the odd behavior. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
spj03584
Level 7

Re: Device freezes and gives me low power messages

I'm having a similar issue.........mine freezes and then comes on and then freezes again and states that there is no network connection.  My network is still working on other Roku devices in the house and on computers at this same time.  I reset the unit and it works for a few minutes and then does it again.  It does this on multiple channels!

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@emiliedoll5 wrote:

I’ve had my 3900x for a little over a year, with little to no problems. ... I get a pop up screen that says my tv doesn’t emit enough power to run the device.

Many tv USB ports don't supply the amperage needed to power a Roku reliably.  It is recommended that you power the unit via power adaptor that came with it, plugged into your household current.  If you no longer have your Roku power adaptor you can probably use any other USB power adaptor you have lying around, as long as it is rated at least 1.0 amp output.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
emiliedoll5
Level 7

It is plugged in with a power adapter. It had been since I bought it 

0 Kudos