Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grams2xs

Deleting recording issues

My Library shows that I have recordings to watch but I can't open them and it's not letting me delete them. Some recordings I have watched I can't delete the program title.  This is causing my DVR to fill up.  I need to clear that out.  I've rebooted,  restarted and unplugged the Roku from the outlet.  Nothing works.  Can anyone help? 

6 REPLIES 6
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Deleting recording issues

Roku devices cannot record. What channel is giving you that information? Unless it's The Roku Channel (which I doubt), you'll need to contact whoever offers that channel.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Jlbh95

I’m having the same problem. I bought my TV in June. I have Spectrum cable and DVR. I have recorded a dozen shows. There are two shows that I can’t open or delete that I’d like to watch. Spectrum says it’s a Roku problem. The shows are from two different channels. Any help please?! 

0 Kudos
atc98092

@Jlbh95 wrote:

I’m having the same problem. I bought my TV in June. I have Spectrum cable and DVR. I have recorded a dozen shows. There are two shows that I can’t open or delete that I’d like to watch. Spectrum says it’s a Roku problem. The shows are from two different channels. Any help please?! 

Spectrum is shining you on. They are solely responsible for their channel on Roku devices. I don't have their service, so can't make any suggestions on where to look within the channel. However, some providers offer a web interface that provides control of recorded programs. So you might look at the Spectrum users web site.

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
mckayd

I cannot delete any of the programs that have been recorded.  

0 Kudos
renojim

@mckayd, you have to tell us what Roku channel/app you're using.  It's an issue with that channel/app and not really a Roku issue.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@mckayd  Your Roku doesn’t record. there is no DVR function in a Roku., But if you subscribe to something like YouTube TV or DirecTV Stream your DVR recordings are stored in the cloud. Can you give us more information and exactly what channel you’re speaking of

0 Kudos