Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cma0651
Level 7

Defective Roku Premiere+ causing HDCP2.2 error

I suspect that my Roku Premiere+ is defective, giving erroneous HDCP 2.2 errors, and want other's to weigh in.

My setup:

• Samsung 4k tv, UN70KU6300FXZA, clearly states it's HDCP 2.2 compliant. 
  • Roku Premiere+
  • Monoprice Certified Premium High Speed HDMI Cable, 4K@60Hz, HDR, 18Gbps, 28AWG, YCbCr 4:4:4, 6ft, Black (product id 15428)
  • No other items attached to the TV

Every 4 to 24 hours I get an HDCP 2.2 error.  I follow the instructions to the 'T' and it would work again but for a few hours.

I did a hard reset (pressing the reset button on the back of the Roku), still the same error.

I have replaced the HDMI cable, still the same error.

I reluctantly bought a Roku Ultra, works fine, no issues.

I don't have another 4K TV to test on, so can't rule out an issue with the TV.

I would say the issue is pretty much straight forward, it's the ROKU or the TV.  If it's the Roku does anyone have a suggestion how to fix this?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

Re: Defective Roku Premiere+ causing HDCP2.2 error

Naturally, certified cables can fail, but you've tried a different one. Have you tried a different HDMI port on the TV? Do you have UHD Color enabled on the HDMI port(s) you've tried? 

And just as a precaution, you might try blowing air into the HDMI connections on the Roku and TV, in case there's some fuzzball stuck in there that you can't see. Smiley Happy

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos