Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Dead after updates... almost

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Express that was working fine. I picked up a Roku SE in February and moved the Roku Express to a different room with a different TV. During that period, the Roku Express was powered off until I mounted the TV in May. Since then, I've had nothing but issues. At first, i plugged in the Roku Express and it came up just like normal. Then I shut off the power to the Roku and TV. When I powered back on, it forgot all my settings and unlinked from my account. I went thru all the steps to link to my account and reapplied all the settings for my kids. I noticed that it got the latest "at home together" update. Just to check, I power cycled the Roku Express. Same result. All settings gone and Roku unlinked from my account. Since then, I've done this about a dozen times. Every time I power cycle the Roku, I have to reactivate and link it to my account. Previously, this Roku was powered by the USB port of the TV and power cycled everytime we shut off the TV. I never remember having issues. Now I have it plugged into the wall and nothing but issues. Plus, the HDMI settings keep getting messed up and the colors get inverted. I have to unplug the HDMI cable and plug it back in for the colors to work right. I've tried all the TV's HDMI ports and different cables with the same result. All of these issues seem to be related to the last update. Please help!!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Dead after updates... almost

Jump to solution

@Daydreamer 

Thanks for the update.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Daydreamer 

Thanks for the post.

How are you powering the device currently? Is it plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into the wall outlet with the provided cable and adapter?

Please keep us posted and we will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Into the wall outlet. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Its been a week. Any other help? Does Roku have actual customer service? I've been using Rokus since Roku 2 and auto-unlinking on power cycle would seem to be a bad SW problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Daydreamer 

Thanks for the update.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

I sent you a PM last Friday. Did you receive it? Do you need more information?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Daydreamer 

Thanks for the update.

I have replied to the PM that you sent me.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos