Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redsun912

Re: Dark screen. Can barely see tv programs.

TRY THIS - While watching a show/movie, click the star/asterisk button and it should bring up a menu on the side. check the picture mode. If it is vivid or low power, your shows will be dim. switch to normal or sports or movie. 

Shyamg

I'm having the same issue now. Im seeing this issues just 2 months after I bought the tv. Pathetic. Except for movie mode it doesnt work with any other picture settings. 

@redsun912 wrote:

TRY THIS - While watching a show/movie, click the star/asterisk button and it should bring up a menu on the side. check the picture mode. If it is vivid or low power, your shows will be dim. switch to normal or sports or movie. 

@redsun912 wrote:

drulls

I JUST got the TV - replacement of same size TCL - been fighting the darkness.  Your tip was the solution!!!

I was so disappointed in the new TV - now SO happy!!

Thank You!!!

ChaoSpiral

0 Kudos
elainehat

Josh Safdie? Smiley Surprised

0 Kudos
Shadomoon

My tv was fine last night, then this morning it was really dark with mostly red hues. The menu screen was fine and the cable preview screen was working properly. I tried turning it on and off 8 times to no avail.

FIX: I unplugged the tv from the wall outlet and let it sit for 10 minutes. Works perfectly now!

0 Kudos
Nshell101

This actually worked perfect!!!

0 Kudos

I can not see me tv and I can't  get too the settings 

0 Kudos

I’m having the same issue some days are ok for a couple hours but MOST days are just dark 

0 Kudos
KindleP

The fix worked for me.

SETTINGS/SYSTEM/SYSTEM RESTART

0 Kudos