Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Dark picture

I have a regular TV and purchased the roku devise and got Netflix. My picture is really dark especially at night scenes when it is hardly visible at all. How can I brighten my picture? TY

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Dark picture

Roku players do not have any picture adjustments available. You must use the TV adjustment menu to alter the settings. Depending on the TV, sometimes you can save the settings separately for each input, but most will use the adjustments for all connections, as well as OTA. 

Depending on the video you're watching, it's possible that the dark image is the intent of the director and cinematographer. They do that sometimes for "dramatic effect". Also, if your TV is 4K I recall that many Netflix HDR videos were really on the dark side. Again, it's intentional. I no longer subscribe to Netflix, so can't speak to anything recent with their channel.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Dark picture

This dark picture issue does seem to be common occurrence.  Thanks for feedback.

PS, NETFLIX does kind of SUCK in a great many ways.  Canceled mine finally after a few years.

0 Kudos