Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chezjim
Level 8

DVD video input buzzes, low sound

I bought my TCL Roku TV a month ago and it works fine, mostly, but when I try to connect a DVD player in the auxiliary input, I get a nasty buzz - unless I disconnect the yellow RCA plug from the DVD player, but that's where the video is. And the audio is so low it sounds like it's being overheard from another source.

This DVD player was working fine on my old TV. I thought it might be the cheap adapter, but I bought another one on Amazon and same problem.

If it weren't 55", I might have taken it back to Walmart to have it looked at, but... Is the input busted? Should I just give up on DVD input?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: DVD video input buzzes, low sound

Do you have a link to this adapter?  What's the model number of the TV?

0 Kudos
chezjim
Level 8

TV:

TCL 55" Class 4K UHD LED Roku Smart TV HDR 4 Series 55S421

Adapter:
Xenocam 3.5 mm to RCA AV Camcorder Video Cable,3.5mm Male to 3RCA Male Plug Stereo Audio Video AUX Cable for Smartphones,MP3, Tablets,Speakers,Home Theater (3.5 Straight to 3 RCA 1.5m)
Sold by: WORKERS INC

But I had the same problem with another.

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Didn't it come with an adapter?  It sounds like the colors may be mixed up (not all adapters are the same).  With the TV set to the AV input, try each of the 3 connectors in the yellow DVD output and see if a picture ever appears.

0 Kudos
chezjim
Level 8

Basically, it didn't. I did get a rough, quivering picture on one, but then no sound on the others. (The corresponding outlets worked fine on my old TV.)

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

I would contact TCL and see if they can send you an adapter.  There's really no way to know if a random adapter is going to work.

0 Kudos