Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eaf
Level 7

Re: DTS Audio Sync

"Noah0504" wrote:
Not sure how Roku rolls out their updates (I've never really paid attention), but this issue has been fixed for me with the latest update on my Streaming Stick+.  Have you checked to see if you can update your Roku?

Yes, I run the latest firmware that Roku could download.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

"eaf" wrote:
"Noah0504" wrote:
Not sure how Roku rolls out their updates (I've never really paid attention), but this issue has been fixed for me with the latest update on my Streaming Stick+.  Have you checked to see if you can update your Roku?

Yes, I run the latest firmware that Roku could download.

What is your firmware version? When does it indicate it was last updated? I believe the fix was only rolled out a couple of days ago, and it might not have been released for all platforms yet.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
eaf
Level 7

Firmware: 8.0.1 build 4042-29
It's a new unit. It auto-updated itself today morning while I was setting it up. There are no more updates pending according to it.
0 Kudos
Photex
Level 7

it looks like 8.0.1 4090-50 is the latest for some people, i'm still on 8.0.0 on a Roku TV though because Roku hates us apparently.
0 Kudos
NItroTech
Level 7

Firmware update today on my Roku Ultra. I've noticed possibly a slight audio correction but its still ahead.  Smiley Sad

Roku Ultra > optical > Yamaha RX-V596
0 Kudos
Daxproduck
Level 7

DTS appears fixed in the latest update for me.

Dale thanks for all the help and dealing with our first world problems!  I'm glad Roku has finally fixed this issue and stood behind their products.
0 Kudos
Banky
Level 7

I got the 8.0.1 4090-50 update yesterday and the DTS audio is still slightly ahead of the video. Each of the last few updates have brought the audio and video a little closer together, but with this last update audio is still a fraction of a second ahead of the video. I'm using the optical out on a Roku Ultra to a JVC reciever.
0 Kudos
Photex
Level 7

Any update on the TCL TV Firmware, why are we still on 8.0.0 when everyone is on 8.0.1 isn't it the same framework? 
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

"Photex" wrote:
Any update on the TCL TV Firmware, why are we still on 8.0.0 when everyone is on 8.0.1 isn't it the same framework? 

My Sharp and Insignia TVs are both still on 8.0. Don't compare firmware versions of the TVs to the boxes. They usually don't line up very well. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
eaf
Level 7

Well, got 8.0.1 build 4090 installed...

Things got better, but are still a long way to go. The DTS audio is ahead of the video by more than 100ms. I know because I can delay it in the receiver by only that much, and it is still slightly ahead. DD audio on the contrary is juuuust a little behind the video, almost not noticeable.

The connection again is HDMI to projector, and a separate optical cable to receiver.
0 Kudos