Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prowl
Level 7

Re: DTS Audio Sync

Same issue. Very annoying

Roku Ultra>HDMI> Marantz NR1608>HDMI>Sony Bravia 65"

The audio is slightly ahead of the picture. Enough to make it unwatchable for me
0 Kudos

Same issue here too......

Roku Ultra->HDMI->Rotel RSP-1572->HDMI->Panasonic AE8000 projector

Audio ahead of video on DTS movie soundtracks only
0 Kudos

@ROKUDale

Is it possible for the software team to add........

1a user selectable audio delay option in the menu for the ROKU a possibility for the time being?  

or

2) <A> and <B> buttons on the remote to adjust audio delay up/down whilst watching something????

Still a PITA but at least it would make the product usable?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

"knight2001dts" wrote:
@ROKUDale

Is it possible for the software team to add........

1a user selectable audio delay option in the menu for the ROKU a possibility for the time being?  

or

2) <A> and <B> buttons on the remote to adjust audio delay up/down whilst watching something????

Still a PITA but at least it would make the product usable?

Thanks!

That's an interesting idea, but some other button sequence would be required. Not all remotes have the A/B buttons. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
hackztor
Level 9

Or just fix the problem...not like it has been over a year or anything..stop worryin about roku soundbar and how to get more money from advertisers.
0 Kudos
Amadeus93
Level 7

"RokuDale" wrote:
Please add diagram of audio path.
example
RokuUltra-HDMI-<AVR>-HDMI-<TV>
or
RokuUltra-optical-<AVR>,RokuUltra-HDMI-<TV>
or
RokuUltra-HDMI-<TV>-HDMI/ARC-<AVR>
or
RokuUltra-HDMI-<TV>-optical-<AVR>
please substitute <AVR> with the model of your AVR and <TV> with model of your TV
and include whether the audio is occurs before or after the video.

RokuUltra > HDMI > Pioneer VSX-822 > HDMI > Panasonic TC-P65ST60
Audio is ahead of video.  And note that substituting a Roku 3 (4320R) in place of the Roku Ultra results in no sync problems at all.
Roku 2 (XS), 3 (4230) and Ultra, Windows 7 Professional x64 running Plex on a wired 100MB network. Panasonic TC-P65ST60 plasma TV, Pioneer VSX-822, 40+Mbps Verizon FiOS
0 Kudos
ManChicken
Level 7

I give up on Roku.
I just got an nVidia Shield. No muss, no fuss, DTS passthrough worked from the Plex app with zero problems and proper audio sync.
Yeah, it cost twice as much as my Ultra did, but at least the thing works correctly.

0 Kudos
tmobsessed
Level 7

For me (on amazon prime streaming), the audio will be perfectly in sync until I press Pause on the Roku - then it gets way off. To fix, I have to hit Back to the index of episodes, then click Resume - then it will be fine again until I press Pause (or FF or Rew). I'm posting this March 19, 2018. It's a Roku 3. 
0 Kudos
Amadeus93
Level 7

"Amadeus93" wrote:
"RokuDale" wrote:
Please add diagram of audio path.
example
RokuUltra-HDMI-<AVR>-HDMI-<TV>
or
RokuUltra-optical-<AVR>,RokuUltra-HDMI-<TV>
or
RokuUltra-HDMI-<TV>-HDMI/ARC-<AVR>
or
RokuUltra-HDMI-<TV>-optical-<AVR>
please substitute <AVR> with the model of your AVR and <TV> with model of your TV
and include whether the audio is occurs before or after the video.

RokuUltra > HDMI > Pioneer VSX-822 > HDMI > Panasonic TC-P65ST60
Audio is ahead of video.  And note that substituting a Roku 3 (4320R) in place of the Roku Ultra results in no sync problems at all.

One other point, as others have noted - this issue is with DTS audio only.
Roku 2 (XS), 3 (4230) and Ultra, Windows 7 Professional x64 running Plex on a wired 100MB network. Panasonic TC-P65ST60 plasma TV, Pioneer VSX-822, 40+Mbps Verizon FiOS
0 Kudos
Noah0504
Level 7

Re: Is Roku Ever Going to Fix the DTS Audio Sync Bug?!

"Daxproduck" wrote:
Weird.  For all my dts files it plays them as AAC if I turn dts off in roku settings, which roku folds down to stereo.

I’m on roku ultra.  Which one are you on?

I have a Streaming Stick+ and when I disable DTS in the Roku settings, Plex transcodes to DD and that's exactly what my AVR sees when playing.  Maybe double check that your didn't set PCM stereo for audio in the options?
0 Kudos