Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RenegadeNole
Level 7

Re: DTS Audio Sync

"RokuDale" wrote:
For those having DTS lipsync issues, is this over optical? Can you describe the soundpath of your system and is the audio coming before or after the video?

Nope going thru HDMI. Very frustrating that this has been a problem since the Roku 4
0 Kudos
RokuDale
Level 8

Please add diagram of audio path.
example
RokuUltra-HDMI-<AVR>-HDMI-<TV>
or
RokuUltra-optical-<AVR>,RokuUltra-HDMI-<TV>
or
RokuUltra-HDMI-<TV>-HDMI/ARC-<AVR>
or
RokuUltra-HDMI-<TV>-optical-<AVR>
please substitute <AVR> with the model of your AVR and <TV> with model of your TV
and include whether the audio is occurs before or after the video.
0 Kudos
Daxproduck
Level 7

Roku Ultra 4660 > HDMI > Pioneer VSX 824 AVR > HDMI > Fluance 65” TV

Dale, does the fact that you’re asking us for this mean that roku is having trouble reproducing this bug, which seems to be affecting all of us? Or is this bug simply not happening on certain specific hardware setups?
0 Kudos
RokuDale
Level 8

We have found that results vary depending on brand/model of AVR and audio path. Also, we really need to know if you are experiencing audio occurring before the video or is audio delayed after the video. Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
NItroTech
Level 7

RokuUltra-optical-<Yamaha RX-V596>,RokuUltra-HDMI-<Samsung LN-S4D41D>

Audio is before the video.
0 Kudos
Daxproduck
Level 7

Audio is always before video but amount differs from being only subtly ahead to being seconds ahead.
0 Kudos
RenegadeNole
Level 7

Roku premier+ HDMI onkyo tx-nr555 HDMI lg 65" oled
And right now I have a Amazon Fire 2nd Generation 4K media player and I have no issues with Plex and lip sync hooked up the exact same way the Roku was
0 Kudos
ST_Dog
Level 7

Like the others, Roku Express+-> HDMI -> AVR(Anthem MRX-300)->HDMI->TV

If I use the Plex app on my BDP instead of the Roku, no sync issue.
The Plex app on the BDP can also send 7.1/DTSMA/TrueHD audio to my AVR which the Roku won't.

I was going to get an Ultra because of the 7.1 issues til I kearmed it was no better.

Looking at a Nvidia Sheid or a HTPC setup since it doesn't appear Roku has any interest in fixing issue or supporting better audio standards. Found a promissing box that I can get up for <$100 (Odroid C2)
0 Kudos
rugerx
Level 7

Also having DTS audio delay issue.

Roku Ultra > HDMI > Denon AVR-X1300W > HDMI > Samsung TV 42"

I regret ever buying this Roku 'Ultra'.

Please fix this!
0 Kudos
Noah0504
Level 7

Roku Streaming Stick+ (HDMI) -> Pioneer VSX-532 (Audio) -> Samsung TV (Video) (Don't have the model number on hand, will update.)

Audio is ahead.  I have to set a 200ms delay on the AVR to get it to be in sync.  Right now I have disabled DTS on Roku.  Plex will now transcode to DD and everything is fine, I can remove the delay.
0 Kudos