"hackztor" wrote:"NItroTech" wrote:
Honestly, some of the more recent posts technically are over my head so I'm truly unsure if they contribute to solving the DTS audio sync issue. Having said that if they are not lets get back to the issue please and if others wouldn't hijack, if you are, the topic. Sorry for being ignorant to some the technical stuff here. Its just this issue is a year old or more.
Dale, it sure feels like Roku is just stringing people along and more and more like this is an issue that cannot be solved because its actually a hardware issue. How is it this has gone on for a year?
Problem never used to exist so I do not think it is hardware but OS/firmware.
Ok, that's something I have never been told. I suppose there's hope. It's so hard to understand then, why they don't fix it?
Well, I'm a little late to the game, but add my name to the list of people having the issue with DTS.
I previously just had my Roku Streaming Stick connected directly to my TV and audio being sent from the TV to my simple stereo sound bar via optical. I never had an issue with audio and video being in sync.
I recently decided to upgrade the sound for my TV, so I picked up and AVR and some speakers for a simple stereo setup. When testing the setup, I noticed the movie I was watching on Plex was having audio and video sync issues. I just figured the delay was due to the Roku now being connected to the AVR first and then the video being sent to the TV. I had to increase the delay to 200ms to get it right, but then I started noticing that it was off again when watching certain shows on Netflix.
I finally stumbled upon the issue being widespread and then this forum post. I can verify that if I change my audio options on the Roku to not allow DTS, I no longer have to have a delay set for DTS content on Plex as it's being transcoded to DD.
We have nothing but Rokus in our house and I even took advantage of the IPO to buy shares in the company -- simply said, I'm a pretty big fan, but I was pretty bummed to learn about this issue now and also discover that it's been a problem for over a year with no fix.
At least transcoding will get me by for now, and only one setup is affected, but it's still pretty lame.