Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NItroTech
Level 7

Re: Is Roku Ever Going to Fix the DTS Audio Sync Bug?!

"hackztor" wrote:
"NItroTech" wrote:
Dale,

Honestly, some of the more recent posts technically are over my head so I'm truly unsure if they contribute to solving the DTS audio sync issue. Having said that if they are not lets get back to the issue please and if others wouldn't hijack, if you are, the topic. Sorry for being ignorant to some the technical stuff here. Its just this issue is a year old or more. 

Dale, it sure feels like Roku is just stringing people along and more and more like this is an issue that cannot be solved because its actually a hardware issue. How is it this has gone on for a year?

Problem never used to exist so I do not think it is hardware but OS/firmware.

Ok, that's something I have never been told. I suppose there's hope. It's so hard to understand then, why they don't fix it?
0 Kudos
PManarin
Level 7

I have been in touch with them several times and have followed all their instructions but with no success. After many attempts they want me to send my unit for a replacement but unfortunately will not send it a new unit until they review my old one. I've explained that will leave me with no media for a week and could they suggest an alternative solution which they could not. I personally don't feel it is the hardware.
0 Kudos
waLIEN
Level 7

"Noah0504" wrote:
Well, I'm a little late to the game, but add my name to the list of people having the issue with DTS.

I previously just had my Roku Streaming Stick connected directly to my TV and audio being sent from the TV to my simple stereo sound bar via optical.  I never had an issue with audio and video being in sync.

I recently decided to upgrade the sound for my TV, so I picked up and AVR and some speakers for a simple stereo setup.  When testing the setup, I noticed the movie I was watching on Plex was having audio and video sync issues.  I just figured the delay was due to the Roku now being connected to the AVR first and then the video being sent to the TV.  I had to increase the delay to 200ms to get it right, but then I started noticing that it was off again when watching certain shows on Netflix.

I finally stumbled upon the issue being widespread and then this forum post.  I can verify that if I change my audio options on the Roku to not allow DTS, I no longer have to have a delay set for DTS content on Plex as it's being transcoded to DD.

We have nothing but Rokus in our house and I even took advantage of the IPO to buy shares in the company -- simply said, I'm a pretty big fan, but I was pretty bummed to learn about this issue now and also discover that it's been a problem for over a year with no fix.

At least transcoding will get me by for now, and only one setup is affected, but it's still pretty lame.

I'm having the same issue, only I'm using a Visio 5.1 soundbar (optical cable). It's been over a year and this issue is still raging. Smiley Indifferent

Edit: I paid good money for the Roku 4 Ultra
0 Kudos
shpankey
Level 7

Re: DTS Audio Sync

I'm having and have been having this same issue forever. I'm literally at my wits-end at this point and am really on the fence of selling my Roku Ultra and going with someone else (Shield most likely) from this point on. I feel like a year is being more than patient enough to allow the Roku team the time to correct this issue. 
0 Kudos
ManChicken
Level 7

Yeah I'm dumping my Roku and getting a Shield also. Roku support is worthless and they're breaking more than they're fixing now.
0 Kudos
PManarin
Level 7

Ihini everyone should contact Roku technical and complain. I did and they want me to replace the unit by sending it back. I will do this when I go on holiday as I have no content to watch while this happens.
0 Kudos
VAFroggy20
Level 7

I am also having the audio sync issue on my Roku Ultra with DTS audio.  Going to contact their customer service I guess.  This was fixed with the 7.x firmware release, and then 8.x broke it again.  Beyond frustrated.
0 Kudos
PManarin
Level 7

I've bought a Mi Box running android TV to see if that is any better with DTS.
0 Kudos
RokuDale
Level 9

For those having DTS lipsync issues, is this over optical? Can you describe the soundpath of your system and is the audio coming before or after the video?
0 Kudos
ManChicken
Level 7

No, all HDMI.
Roku Ultra playing from Plex -> Denon AV Receiver (5.1 speakers) -> TV
And it's not subtly off... it's WAY off, like 6+ frames at 24fps. The audio is early, it plays ahead of picture.
0 Kudos