Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
interconnect
Level 7

Re: Is Roku Ever Going to Fix the DTS Audio Sync Bug?!

"Daxproduck" wrote:
Found a workaround I can live with!!!!

Get the old Plex Classic channel: https://www.rokuguide.com/private-channels/plex-classic

In the audio settings disable dts, but leave ac3 enabled

Dts will now play as Dolby digital and play in sync!

Not a perfect solution, as I do notice a different quality difference between DD and DTS, but I can live with this for now.

You can do that with the current version by just choosing Dolby Digital in the Roku Audio settings (not Plex settings). This will force all DTS Audio tracks to be transcoded to DD in Plex. I have no problems with syncing with DD.
0 Kudos
Daxproduck
Level 7

No. Doing that was causing Plex to convert to AAC 5.1 which the roku downmixes to stereo pcm.
0 Kudos
interconnect
Level 7

"Daxproduck" wrote:
No.  Doing that was causing Plex to convert to AAC 5.1 which the roku downmixes to stereo pcm.

No, it 100% certainly does.  I have hundreds of movies that it does this with currently.
0 Kudos
Daxproduck
Level 7

Weird. For all my dts files it plays them as AAC if I turn dts off in roku settings, which roku folds down to stereo.

I’m on roku ultra. Which one are you on?
0 Kudos
PManarin
Level 7

This solution works in Emby also. I've been in touch with Roku and they have asked me to send back my 3900EU as it maybe faulty. I think this is a software issue and not hardware as we are all suffering from this DTS issue. My frustration is that the device is sold as DTS compatible and it clearly is not. My content is all local and I should not be having these issues.
0 Kudos

Hi

I have sent you a pm - I'm willing to send you some samples and can test with hdmi audio out of roku 4660 ultra into a rotel 1570 decoder (currently have DTS sync issues with Roku only

Thanks

"RokuDale" wrote:
If you have a file you can upload to our problem media box account that shows this dts audio sync problem, please pm me and I'll send an invite.
thanks
rokudale
0 Kudos

For those with DTS audio sync issues, have you worked out the audio delay/advance compared to the video?

Is it always the same amount?

Perhaps try shifting the audio within an MKV file with mkvmerge util and share results here????

I'll try some tonight and report back - if it can be resolved by switching in/out a delay of some sort this may help developers to create an easy fix or at least a workaround in a menu option?
0 Kudos
ST_Dog
Level 7

Why wouldn't Roku play multichannel AAC properly?
0 Kudos
Daxproduck
Level 7

From some googling, it seems the problem is the newest roku boxes don’t have the ability to decode AAC 5.1 and can only collapse it to pcm stereo.
0 Kudos
Daxproduck
Level 7

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comme ... nt_1614346

It’s discussed in that thread. My Roku “ultra” can’t decode AAC, even though some other roku boxes can.

Pretty lame, but I’m glad I found a workaround until hopefully this is all fixed some day.
0 Kudos