Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PManarin
Level 7

Re: DTS Audio Sync

Just an update for everyone. Roku replaced my unit and I updated to 8.0.1 build 4090 when I booted up. DTS works fine now with no lag or sync issues. I'm streaming my HD content from my DS416 Synology NAS using Emby. Currently disconneted my Android TV as that struggles with Sync issues using the V6 OS.
0 Kudos
Pieter3d
Level 7

Same for me, seems fixed with 8.0.1. Hooray!
0 Kudos
Banky
Level 7

I have the update (4090) and it's still not fixed for me. I've got the Roku Ultra and I'm using optical out for audio. Are you guys using the same setup?
0 Kudos
eaf
Level 7

"Banky" wrote:
I have the update (4090) and it's still not fixed for me. I've got the Roku Ultra and I'm using optical out for audio. Are you guys using the same setup?

I think it's fully fixed on HDMI only. Because we both still see issues, and we both use optical.
0 Kudos
cspiby
Level 7

Not fixed on my Roku Express.

Perfectly in sync if I set my Roku to stereo but hopelessly out of sync otherwise, can supply a sample of the file if needed, just tell me where to upload it.

Rebooting the Roku had no effect, powering it off has resolved it, for now.

Memory leak?
0 Kudos
mjl5007
Level 7

Just adding to the chorus -- I've got one of the new TCL 6-series Roku TVs (55R615) and am also experiencing sync issues with DTS audio. The audio is ahead of the video; not exactly sure by how much, but it's enough to be obvious. If I had to guess, I'd say maybe 100-150ms?

TV is connected via S/PDIF to Pioneer VSX-815 receiver (older 7.1 receiver circa 2005/2006, but handles only vanilla 5.1 DD/DTS signals, no HD formats).
TV software is on version 8.0.2; I'm 99% sure the build number is 4133.

So far I've only tested a couple of MKV's containing DTS 5.1 audio tracks, played via the Plex channel from my local Plex server. The files were Direct Played, no transcoding. Playing the exact same files on the computer with e.g. VLC player, the audio sync is just fine. If I change the Roku TV settings to disable DTS via S/PDIF, then Plex transcodes the audio to DD 5.1 which is passed through to the receiver and sync is perfect.

I'm going to try putting a couple of these MKVs on a USB drive and play them directly via RMP, though I don't expect any different results. I'll also try a Blu-Ray with a DTS soundtrack connected via an HDMI input. Are there any streaming channels where I could test some streaming content with a DTS 5.1 soundtrack?

I see the release notes for Roku OS 8.1 mention "Improves support on Roku TV for DTS passthrough from HDMI inputs to AV receivers and soundbars." Any chance that A) means Roku has fixed the DTS sync issue, B) it applies to passthrough to both HDMI/ARC and S/PDIF, and C) it will also fix it for audio sourced from a channel (e.g. Plex), rather than an external device connected via HDMI?
0 Kudos

"mjl5007" wrote:
Just adding to the chorus -- I've got one of the new TCL 6-series Roku TVs (55R615) and am also experiencing sync issues with DTS audio. The audio is ahead of the video; not exactly sure by how much, but it's enough to be obvious. If I had to guess, I'd say maybe 100-150ms?

TV is connected via S/PDIF to Pioneer VSX-815 receiver (older 7.1 receiver circa 2005/2006, but handles only vanilla 5.1 DD/DTS signals, no HD formats).
TV software is on version 8.0.2; I'm 99% sure the build number is 4133.

So far I've only tested a couple of MKV's containing DTS 5.1 audio tracks, played via the Plex channel from my local Plex server. The files were Direct Played, no transcoding. Playing the exact same files on the computer with e.g. VLC player, the audio sync is just fine. If I change the Roku TV settings to disable DTS via S/PDIF, then Plex transcodes the audio to DD 5.1 which is passed through to the receiver and sync is perfect.

I'm going to try putting a couple of these MKVs on a USB drive and play them directly via RMP, though I don't expect any different results. I'll also try a Blu-Ray with a DTS soundtrack connected via an HDMI input. Are there any streaming channels where I could test some streaming content with a DTS 5.1 soundtrack?

I see the release notes for Roku OS 8.1 mention "Improves support on Roku TV for DTS passthrough from HDMI inputs to AV receivers and soundbars." Any chance that A) means Roku has fixed the DTS sync issue, B) it applies to passthrough to both HDMI/ARC and S/PDIF, and C) it will also fix it for audio sourced from a channel (e.g. Plex), rather than an external device connected via HDMI?

I'm seeing similar A/V sync issues with a TCL 55S515 but mine extend to Dolby D+ as well.
0 Kudos

Does anyone at Roku monitor these forums?
0 Kudos