Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snielsen85
Level 7

DD+/Dolby Atmos problems with Roku Ultra

I just recently purchased a Roku Ultra and having problems (losing audio completely) with Dolby Atmos with Prime Video playing Jack Ryan and DD+ issues in HBO NOW and Showtime. Initially audio works perfectly but, I lose audio if I instant replay, fast forward, or rewind video. If I restart the roku or cycle inputs on my soundbar I regain sound. Dolby Atmos works 100% fine with VUDU movies (Spiderman into the spiderverse, Wonder Woman, and Spiderman Homecoming) and DD+ works 100% fine with Netflix. I have the roku setup as follows: Roku Ultra to HDMI 1 on Samsung HW-K850 to HDMI 4 on Samsung KS8000 TV. UHD enabled on HDMI 4 port. Roku Settings with video set to auto (allows 4k 60Hz HDR) , sound out set to auto. I have tried to force DD+ or DD+/DTS in settings with no improvement. If I switch to DD/DTS output only I have zero audio problems. I tried roku online support and samsung support with no resolution. I have found if I switch video to output 1080P only I have no issues with DD+. The Soundbar is capable of 4k HDR pass through. i have purchased new High Speed Amazon basic HDMI cables with no improvement. I have searched the forums and noticed their might be DD+ issues with AVR's. If anyone has a similar setup and found a way to fix it I would appreciate your advice. Thanks in Advance. 
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: DD+/Dolby Atmos problems with Roku Ultra

Thanks for the note here! A couple additional questions about the issue you're seeing: 

- Have you tried removing the Prime Video channel, restarting your Roku Ultra from Settings>System>System restart, then adding the channel back again afterward? Does this have any effect? 
- Do you see the same issue on all titles in the Prime Video channel? 
- To test, have you tried connecting your Roku to the TV, then routing the audio to your receiver/soundbar via HDMI ARC? Do you observe the same issue? 

Please feel free to PM me with your Roku account email address and device serial number from Settings>System>About and I'll take a closer look to see how else we can help. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
snielsen85
Level 7

Re: DD+/Dolby Atmos problems with Roku Ultra

I have tried deleting and re-adding channels. I factory reset the roku once and factory reset the soundbar. My TV only passes through DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1 so I can't check DD+ pass through. For some reason it doesn't like DD+ at 4k no matter what 4k settings are enabled. Like i said in the previous post if I switch it to 1080p I have no DD+ problems. It's like when I fast forward or rewind their is no buffering and it's not sending audio anymore, but video is fine. I have it connected to ethernet cable currently. I'm just trying to find out if their is like a known issue of DD+/Dolby Atmos not playing nice when passing through the soundbar first?
0 Kudos