Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyfinck
Level 8

Coo coo clock annoyance

Jump to solution

For some reason my roku started " coo coo-ing" every hour. (Like a coo coo clock).

It's super annoying g and I cant get it to quit

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Level 21

Re: Coo coo clock annoyance

Jump to solution

I assume you're using the CLOC screensaver.  Select it under Browse screensavers and there will be an option to Change screensaver settings.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

Go into the settings for the screensaver and disable the chime.

0 Kudos
andyfinck
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you for your response but there is no setting like that in the screensaver settings,...  only to set time manually or automatically  and 12 or 24 hr 

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

I assume you're using the CLOC screensaver.  Select it under Browse screensavers and there will be an option to Change screensaver settings.

View solution in original post

CliffP
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks, Renojim!

It was driving me nuts!  Took me a while to figure out it wasn't my wife's new phone.  Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
jstr4life
Level 8

Jump to solution

Does this setting actually stick? I swear our Roku resets the chime on it's own...that or my 7 year old is turning it back on behind my wife and me.

0 Kudos
andyfinck
Level 8

Jump to solution

It has to be turning itself on because me or the woman turned it on.  It just started doing it at 11:00pm. It scared her because we were in bed almost asleep when it went off.  He eyes got huge and said "what the f@#$ was that!!???"    Lol.    It took use till the next evening to figure out it was the tv 

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

@jstr4life wrote:

Does this setting actually stick? I swear our Roku resets the chime on it's own...that or my 7 year old is turning it back on behind my wife and me.

Another person reported the setting wasn't sticking, but I can't reproduce it.  Try changing multiple settings and then reboot and see if it sticks.  Then you can change your other settings back to what they were.  Let me know if that works.

-JT

0 Kudos
overtimeman
Level 9

Jump to solution

Glad I put this in search cause we leave the screen saver on all night.We couldn't figure out several weeks ago why this is happening.We finally figured out if we turn down the volume all the way down we didn't have to hear it all night long.It's nice to wake up and just peek at the TV and see the time and temp.

I used to have a life before Roku!
0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

You don't have to turn down the volume, just disable the chime in the CLOC settings.

0 Kudos