Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Continual resets

My Roku has reset about 4 times a week for the last 2-3 weeks. I’ve had it for about a year and this is the first time that it’s done this so often. We could have watched it earlier in the day and when you turn it back on it’s as if it’s brand new asking for my email and taking me through everything all over. Once it started over in a different language. The only difference I can think of is that I purchased a new Roku and for my sons room. This Roku hasn’t changed locations.  Very frustrating to say the least. Why is this happening all of a sudden? How do I fix it? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Continual resets

@Shamara_415 

Thanks for the inquiry.

How are you powering the device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into the wall with the provided cable and adapter? Does it happen only when you are watching a specific channel or do the issue occur randomly?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi Danny, we typically power it off by going home and then turning off the tv. There’s a USB (HDMI that came with the Roku) cord that goes from the Roku to the TV. It happens randomly, sometimes multiple times in a day. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

The power used by the Roku will vary depending on the content being displayed at the time. Many tv USB ports don't supply the amperage needed to power a Roku reliably. Plugging it into the wall with its supplied power adapted is recommended.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi the power cord is plugged into the Roku and the wall. The HDMI USB is plugged in Roku and the tv. There are no other connections to the Roku. If this is not what you’re referencing please clarify. Also this is not a new TV/Roku connection. We’ve had this TV for awhile and just started experiencing this issue over the past few weeks. 

0 Kudos