Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arandle007

Re: Content shrinks to small window

Same issue but so far only in SYFY, but haven't been trying other apps since getting this 3 weeks ago. 

0 Kudos
Rohan
Reel Rookie

I’m beginning to think this is a failure of the NBC app, which includes all their channels, like SYFY. This has never happened with any other app for me. 

Mud

Brand new doing the same. If I new this was going to happen would never have bought it. 

0 Kudos

Same here when watching Bravo app on Roku Premiere Plus (2018 model). When the second or third commercial starts on every ep of Below Deck: Med, it minimizes to the to the top-left corner. I wait until the ep continues, then back out and resume. It just started with the latest update.

0 Kudos
bgftp29
Reel Rookie

New to Roku, have the regular and Ultra . Screen shrinks during AD's. Hitting the back button and starting the show again will clear the error. Once I had to reboot the Ultra to clear. 

I'm surprised there is no update on this.

0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem. I've had my Roku connected to a very old TV for at least 5 years. But the shrinking content only started a few days ago. So far it has happened on Pluto and hulu.

bgftp29
Reel Rookie

This happens to me from time to time. A hard reset is the only thing that fixes mine.

0 Kudos

Just bought a Roku Ultra LT and same thing happening.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @stlcardsnblues,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.
A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing: 
1. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
2. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
3. What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?
With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
ScottEMC
Reel Rookie

I was having the same problem.  The solution is to go to Settings, Picture, and DONT use Auto.   Pick 1080P, then save the setting and the problem should go away.

0 Kudos