Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carlyd
Level 7

Constant restarting on my Roku Express

I had the Roku Express for just over a month and half, it keep restarting all the time from the day I got it. I read a few articles on this restarting problem for the Roku Express, but it seems none of the users got it fixed. I tried everything in these articles from remove channels to reinstalling them, connecting to different networks, connecting to different TVs, changing out cables, software updates and factory resetting. But my Roku Express still has a multitude of problems:

1. Constant restarting when watching Netflix, can range from 1-10 mins in a episode of anything. Sometimes restarts on the actual Home screen itself after just restarting.
  2. More recently my audio sometimes goes mute, I have to go back to the Home screen and back to the episode for the sound to come back...
  3. Finally I also have the HDCP error as well from time to time.

I am quite a tech-savvy guy, but I can't think of anything else I can do to remediate these problems, I have a feeling the actual hardware is dying inside.

I can give you the serial number, the model, the software version, device id, type of network connection, uptime, whatever you need even the date and time of each restart, how long or how many times a day I can provide it, pictures.

I just want it fixed.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Strega
Level 14

Re: Constant restarting on my Roku Express

With problems like that (especially on day 1) I would just send/take it back for a replacement and see if the next one has those problems.  I assume it won't since mine doesn't have them.

0 Kudos
carlyd
Level 7

Yeah I think I will just get a replacement.

Can I get a replacement through this website? I can't seem to find the right page/contact email or number. 

I don't have an option to return/refund it to Amazon as I have past my 30 days. 

0 Kudos
Strega
Level 14

With retailers like Amazon, you typically have a no-questions-asked kind of return policy.  After that, you go with manufacturer support/warranty.  I haven't done that with Roku, but here is a page I found:

https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

0 Kudos