Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shillagan
Level 7

Constant purple screen HDCP error

I got the Roku Premier plus stick a couple months ago, and I've had a constant issue with the purple screen. It's plugged directly into the tv no cables. I have to unplug the power every time to get it to reset, but sure enough after about a week or so it gives the error again. I have a Samsung UN55JU6400 4k tv. Any help would be appreciated or if need be I have no idea if this would fall under warranty. 
0 Kudos
3 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Constant purple screen HDCP error

Did you buy new, certified 18 Gbps HDMI cables, or just reuse cables you had? I had similar issues when I upgraded from a Roku 4 to an Ultra, and new cables resolved it.
If you did replace your cable, have you enabled UHD Color on the Samsung HDMI jack the Roku is connected to? This too is required for a 4K HDR signal with a Samsung set.

EDIT: OK, need clarification. There is no Premiere Plus stick. If you mean the new Streaming Stick Plus, then forget what I said about the cable, and check your Samsung HDMI jack setting.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
shillagan
Level 7

"atc98092" wrote:
Did you buy new, certified 18 Gbps HDMI cables, or just reuse cables you had? I had similar issues when I upgraded from a Roku 4 to an Ultra, and new cables resolved it.
If you did replace your cable, have you enabled UHD Color on the Samsung HDMI jack the Roku is connected to? This too is required for a 4K HDR signal with a Samsung set.

EDIT: OK, need clarification. There is no Premiere Plus stick. If you mean the new Streaming Stick Plus, then forget what I said about the cable, and check your Samsung HDMI jack setting.

Sorry, yes it's the streaming stick plus, was going off memory on name, thought it was premiere. But yes, it's the 4k plus stick. I'll check my samsung jack setting, see if there is anything up with it, I've tried all 3 jacks. The roku registers it as 4k 60fps when I go through the display type settings, and hdmi 2.2 but usually about a week later, especially if I've been watching 4k netflix it will purple me. 
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Yeah, unless Samsung has changed (and I doubt it), UHD Color is turned off by default for all HDMI ports. It has to be toggled on for each port separately.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos