Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tippy1150
Level 7

Constant Reset in order to watch

I have to reset Roku every time I turn on the TV…I just replaced one Roku with another thinking my old one was defective.  It was not….especially if I want to watch HULU.  Have to uninstall and reinstall each time I turn on the tv.  Any suggestions n how to solve this?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: Constant Reset in order to watch

You didnt mention your Roku's model #s or firmware versions (Settings/System/About) or app version (highlight the app and press Options (*) on the remote).

You also didnt mention your TV brand/model/firmware version.

First you said you need to reset your Roku, then you said you have to uninstall and reinstall Hulu each time you turn on your TV - which is it?

Make sure you are powering your Roku using the supplied USB AC power adapter, and NOT using the TV's USB ports (TVs rarely provide enough power to the USB ports for Rokus).

More information is needed to assist you.

0 Kudos
Tippy1150
Level 7

I installed and uninstalled on the previous Roku…I now have the 4k express which I have to restart every time to watch Hulu.  I have a Samsung tv that is about 7 years old.  I do use the supplied power cord.  I am not at home to check the model no of the v.

0 Kudos
chrigid
Level 8

I also have to reset every time I want to watch. Roku express 4K+ plugged directly into wall, light is blue with a little red edge. sharp aquos TV. At my wit's end. Is there no one responsible?

0 Kudos