Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Muzzadam

Constant Odd Noise From Roku Express

I just got a new Roku Express streaming player and it’s making an odd constant noise through the TV speakers when connected and not doing anything. I’ve tried changing the HDMI cable and the power from the TVs USB and from a USB plug but no change. 
Any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Constant Odd Noise From Roku Express

If you just bought it why don’t you exchange it from where you bought it from? Did you try another TV? Is this happening when your on the Roku Home Screen? Not watching any channels? Or is this happening while watching something? Try removing the batteries from the remote. See if the noise continues with the batteries removed

0 Kudos
Muzzadam

Thanks, I can exchange it but thought I’d try a quick troubleshoot first in case common. I haven’t tried another TV but have tried other inputs on the same which are fine so not a TV specific issue. It’s only while not doing anything on the device, it stops if it makes any noise, pressing home etc. batteries out the remote doesn’t change anything either. 

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

It doesn’t matter if you swap HDMI ports you need to try another TV. But why bother troubleshooting it if you can simply just exchange it especially if you just bought it

0 Kudos