Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GaryCooper123
Level 7

Consistent 1 second blackout/flashing screen (pulsing) - Roku Express. Works fine on other TV

Hi, Help and advice needed.

Recently purchased Roku Express (3rd December)

Roku works perfectly on my Sony (10+ years old) connected to the HDMI port with power from the USB port on the back of the TV. So I think I can rule out the Roku Device, per se. 

Problem occurs when in use on daughter's Samsung HD ready (non Smart) LE26a456c2d, which is what we bought the Roku for ( all you need is a TV with HMDI port and Roku's supplied HDMI (high speed) cable, wireless etc.etc).

I get consistent and perpetual 1 second blackout/flashing screen once the Roku has powered up successfully.  (Roku boot logo does not flash).  It is occurring during the menu and any when viewing any content. It is clockwork-consistent each and every time, no matter if menu or trying to watch content. 

So: a) is the HDCP protocol from Roku interfering with the handshaking process between the port signal and the streaming device?

b) Is there a HDMI port refresh rate issue or a a built-in adjustment that overrides the simples HDMI signal?

c) Both?

Roku and Roku community, I have read for hours on the board and can see the mentions of power off but I am now frustrated.  Roku make a point of users not needing a special TV to use their product with - and by jove - it is a great product,  as I can see from my testing it on the Sony (Non Smart) TV.  

But perhaps we need to know more about special settings on the non-smart TV.  But I would like to know the answers to a) b) and c) above.  I will aim to speak with Samsung ...with all the hope of technical departments supporting their products that are over 3 years old....we will see.

Any help for this frustrated mum!  Thank you 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GaryCooper123
Level 7

Re: Consistent 1 second blackout/flashing screen (pulsing) - Roku Express. Works fine on other TV

What is the minimum refresh rate required for Roku Express to work correctly on an HDMI port?

More?

0 Kudos
chotzey63
Level 7

Re: Consistent 1 second blackout/flashing screen (pulsing) - Roku Express. Works fine on other TV

Same problem here. If you find an answer please let me know. Thanks

0 Kudos