Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rds11
Level 7

Completely worthless warranty support

My Roku streaming stick failed after only a couple months.  I contacted Roku for support detailing the problem.  The Warranty Support team ask questions that had they read what I wrote, they already would have had the answers.   For example, I told them the screen is black with nothing on it, they wanted a photo attached of my black screen.   I told them I tried it on multiple TVs and also used a different device on the same TV, but they asked questions about my TV and if there was power.  These are completely stupid questions to ask given the information I provided them.  After about 4 rounds of emails, they asked for a phone number to call me.  I gave it to them and told them when they could reach me.   I never got that phone call.  Instead I got an email saying they couldn't reach me despite the fact that they never called me.   They then asked again for my phone number, even though I gave it to them.  At that point I gave up on them and resolved my warranty the only way I could.  I went to the store, bought a new Roku and returned the defective one to the store since the warranty department at Roku is 100% completely worthless!

0 Kudos