Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drittt
Level 7

Coin Flip Quality?

We were given 2 Roku Express for Christmas.  One works fine, the other routinely freezes video while the audio continues to play.  Soft restart, hard restart, didn't matter.  If i can't rectify this problem, I will have to throw the unit in the recycling.  But what do you want for $25?  Judging by other responders, looks like Roku support will be no help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Coin Flip Quality?

Have you tried swapping the two devices to see if it's really the device or something else?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

@Drittt wrote:

We were given 2 Roku Express for Christmas.  One works fine, the other routinely freezes video while the audio continues to play.  Soft restart, hard restart, didn't matter.  If i can't rectify this problem, I will have to throw the unit in the recycling.  But what do you want for $25?  Judging by other responders, looks like Roku support will be no help.

Have you tried a Factory Restart to put the problem unit back into out-of-the-box condition and setting it up from scratch again?

Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Drittt
Level 7

Well, upon further review of the forums, it was suggested that Roku is not robust enough to handle addition of some apps.  I traced my problem to an install of Spotify, which when uninstalled solved the problem.  Everything seems fine now on that device, but its disappointing that I can't use Spotify on it.

0 Kudos