Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Babel
Reel Rookie

Cocomelon playback issues on ‘happy kids app’

We have a new TCL TV WITH ROKU ( smart tv):

Issue is when we are playing cocomelon, it cuts off and starts to play another episode. Only to finish playing the original episode later in the middle of another totally different episode. I have no way of restarting it. 
Help! We have a child who needs to sit still for feedings for medical reasons. This is an issue for us. 

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Cocomelon playback issues on ‘happy kids app’

Hello @Babel,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried it yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
HappySmiles
Reel Rookie

We have the same issue. It’s so annoying. They just updated or changed the channel but it’s not working since the 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @HappySmiles,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Are all other streaming channels playing content normally? How long has the issue been occurring? Have you tried the steps provided by @RokuKarla posted above to see if that resolves the issue?

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Babel
Reel Rookie

It’s a new tv too! We had to replace an outdated roku player, and had issues with the old tv. So we purchased a new smart tv with roku. 

Frustrating to say the least when my granddaughter is smiling and laughing at an episode, and then it randomly cuts out and plays another episode. I don’t understand the cable-like line up either. I wish they could work this out. 

Nice to know it’s not just us. Thanks for posting!

0 Kudos
Babel
Reel Rookie

I did as you requested, however we’re still having those issues.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Babel,

Thanks for following up.

Just to confirm, are all other streaming channels playing content normally? Does this happen in all movies/shows in Happykids or just on Cocomelon? When did this issue first start occurring? In addition, let us know your device model and your software version, found under Home > Settings > System > About.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos

We have the same issue. The interface was changed on the channel. Used to be able to choose from the menu from several curated playlists, live tv, or you could even search for episodes. Now the only option is “live tv” and it sucks. It randomly cuts in the the middle of a song and switches to another. Sometimes it will randomly stop and say “your programming will resume shortly” right in the middle of a song for sometimes 10 minutes then just start up again. This is the only channel with this issue. I don’t know who is responsible (roku or the creators of coco melon) for the interface update but it is terrible and needs to be changed back ASAP. If you could fix it or encourage those responsible for the change to restore it as it was previously, parents and frustrated toddlers everywhere will be grateful!

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @Cmschmitz71

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

For clarification, have you tried the troubleshooting steps posted by @RokuKarla above? If not, click this link then let us know if there's any difference after.

Moreover, if the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Babel
Reel Rookie

TLC SMART TV WITH ROKU

HOPE THIS HELPS

0 Kudos