Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed captioning stopped working on the CBS All Access app

Closed captioning worked fine on CBS All Access for us until a few weeks ago, yet the option for cc is still indicated. We have tried everything, even disconnecting and reconnecting our Roku, deleting the CBS All Access app and reloading it, everything. Still we cannot get the cc to come back and CBS All Access has not answered our inquiries. We are hearing impaired, and until we can get cc to come back on we are paying for an app we can't use.  Shortly after that the captioning stopped working on the tbs channel on our Spectrum live TV app.  All other apps and channels are fine. Is this problem tied to the Roku or the apps?

5 Replies
Level 7

Re: Closed captioning stopped working on the CBS All Access app

I am having the same problem. I have it on some episodes but not all of the new Star Trek series. Majority of others I do.  It looks like it is on those series which are only available if you subscribe to CBS Access.

0 Kudos
Level 7

I am having the same problem!  I have emailed cbs, but nothing back yet.  It's frustrating. 

Level 7

Same here with CBS All Access. Closed captioning was working, then it wasn’t and hasn’t worked since, although it shows Always On. CBS All Access needs to step up and let us know why this is happening and how to fix it.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Also Dec 31, closed captioning not working for several weeks now.  Signed up, Watched Star Trek , captioning quit, not working on SALVATION.  Had trouble even with complaint. Had to sign in, unable to find forum, had to REPLY.   Could have been easier. 

0 Kudos
Level 8

Been having the same issue, subtitles working for some shows and not others, created ticket with cbs, it took them a month to respond, they were not helpful.   I canceled my sub with them, got it through amazon prime channel and the subtitles work great with them on the amazon app.   i recommend doing the same.