Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bengiyo
Reel Rookie

Closed Captions Appearing Below Displayed Content

I purchased Pacific Rim in 4K from the Roku VUDU store. For some reason on my LG C1 with a Roku 4800, the captions that should render at the bottom of the screen are not appearing on screen, but captions that are especially tall on the bottom, or render at the top of the screen, are visible.

I am not experiencing this issue in 1080p playback on an older Roku Stick. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Closed Captions Appearing Below Displayed Content

The issue is probably something to do with your newer device’s caption settings.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
bengiyo
Reel Rookie

Re: Closed Captions Appearing Below Displayed Content

I've reset my caption and display settings repeatedly. For this movie only it seems that the captions are displaying significantly larger. It's as if it believes the display area is larger than it is. 

0 Kudos