Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WallyS
Level 7

Re: Clicking sound but no other audio

I asked same question able.  Doing a restart on the roku seems to have fixed

0 Kudos
MSit
Level 7

I'm also having the same issue but it keeps happening. So I need to restart my TV almost everyday...

0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 18

I need to restart every now and then.

It fixes this problem and others.

Its a Healthy thing to do occasionally.

Settings/System/System restart.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
MSit
Level 7

I have to do this almost everyday, I don't see why this should be expected. Sounds more like an unfixed bug.

0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 18

If you are using a Micro SD memory yank it out and do another restart.

In Settings/Audio I have Menu volume OFF (important)

Audio mode Stereo

HDMI auto detect

Otherwise if you have a Roku TV contact your manufacturer.

Good Luck

(You can always resort to getting a Roku device and plugging it into a HDMI port.)

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
ruggerus
Level 7

Same problem... Clicking sound from remote, plenty of video on all channels and NO audio on any. I tried a reboot, no luck. I switched from Optical audio to the TV speakers but same problem. I have the Roku Streamingstick+.

I CAN get audio on Netflix from my SmartTV internet connection. I can get Hulu audio on another TV with an Amazon Firestick. Obviously the feeds are working, it is something with Roku's stream or device.

What gives? The Streamingstick+ has worked fine for a couple of years. The audio just quit this morning while I was watching. That it is, it was working fine for a couple of hours than just stopped.

Anyone have any suggestions? I've also sent an email to support.

0 Kudos
ruggerus
Level 7

After I posted, I kept looking at some other Topics. Under "No sound" I found a tip to not only restart your device, but to UNPLUG it for a minute or more. Then plug it back in and restart. I did that, and viola, I got the sound back. Woohoo!

I noticed some other posts from people who applied the fix, but now have to do it EVERY day. That is NOT a fix but a poor work around.

This is the first time I have done the unplug. I hope is is the last.

@Roku, is there a fix for this?

0 Kudos
Michaellaj02
Level 7

This also happened to me, last Friday. The tv is a 55” 4K ultra hd, and haven’t had it a year yet, since my last one died after only two years. I tried to reset the tv to factory, and it worked but only temporarily. I found I can fix it with hitting the * button, moving down to volume mode, and switching it from leveling to off and back to leveling. It fixes it immediately but it randomly stops working again In the middle of shows or if you pause or change the channel. It doesn’t matter what service I’m on, Hulu, Amazon, Netflix, or Apple TV even. When I switch to my Apple TV it makes an awful noise when the show starts and won’t play any of the sound, but the remote sounds for both Roku and Apple TV work. Even the menu sounds in the Apple TV movie menu work, but not the actual movie. It’s awful that I have to constantly fix this for a tv that’s so new, or at all. Who wants to have to click settings every hour or so to make sure the sound plays??!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
TvChic
Level 7

Main menu sounds but nothing else. How do you resolve this?

0 Kudos