Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boogernose
Level 18

Re: Choppy sound

Dont know but it does happen on my Ultra occasionally. Not  often.

I just restart and its back up and running in no time.

If it happened more often than it does I'd consider it a bug.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Alikaz
Level 7

I recently read somewhere it was the audio volume "leveling" function has a bug that causes this. I had that enabled, and since shutting it off (about 2 weeks ago) I haven't had the issue again. Give it a try!

boogernose
Level 18

Thats interesting. But now youll be dealing with Loud Commercials probably.

I really dont mind restarting now and then Its part of the nature of computers.....

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
rachet44
Level 7

Same thing is happening on my Roku TV that’s maybe a year old. I’ve had to unplug it and plug it back in a couple of times a week now. 

0 Kudos
BLAHBLAH0101
Level 7

I just turned off night mode and the choppy sounds went away. 

0 Kudos
DaveJam
Level 7

The HDMI cable ROKU provides is not that good.  If your device has a HDMI cable, replace it.

0 Kudos
NicholasF
Level 7

I was able to fix this in my ultra by going into the audio settings and selecting a specific option instead of "Auto Detect." My Roku is plugged into a receiver that supports dolby digital+, so I selected that option and the choppiness went away - no restart or waiting required. I suspect there may be an issue with the negotiation in some cases.

0 Kudos