Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wdrmhbs
Reel Rookie

Choppy playback of certain apps (Food Network & HGTV) on Roku Ultra

I have a Roku Ultra and on specific apps like Food Network & HGTV, there's choppy video playback, but only after the first set of ads play during a show. Happens during both live TV & on-demand shows. Exiting out & opening up the episode back up resolves the problem, but it's a pain to do it during shows with multiple ad breaks. No issues with my internet connection. Other streaming apps like Paramount & Peacock have no playback issues throughout shows with ads. Any tips on how to fix this?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Re: Choppy playback of certain apps (Food Network & HGTV) on Roku Ultra

You didnt mention your model # or firmware version (Settings/System/About) or app versions (Options (*)).

Make sure you have the latest updates (including hidden adware middleware):  Settings/System/Software update/Check Now

Otherwise this can be the result of framerate matching being enabled (or disabled):  Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Advanced display settings/Auto adjust display refresh rate = on/off

wdrmhbs
Reel Rookie

Thanks! 
Model: 4660X - Roku Ultra
Software version: 17.0.0 • build 4193-46

I verified that I have the latest updates.

Auto-adjust display refresh rate is currently disabled, but I can enable and see what happens. 
EDIT: It doesn’t seem to have fixed the issue 😕

0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

@wdrmhbs 

The apps are both provided by Scripps Networks and share the same code/versioning, which is why they display the same broken ad playback behavior.

You'll want to contact Food Network and HGTV customer service/support about the Roku app ad issue:   gohelp.discovery.com

0 Kudos