Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokoSuku
Level 7

Check Signal Cable - Roku Express

I've had our Roku plugged in and working for a couple of years now and the yesterday it stopped working all together. Ive tried different power adapters, power cables, HDMI cables, HDMI ports, holding down and tapping the reset button, leaving the Roku unplugged for minutes/hours -- and I'm still presented with "Check Signal Cable" on our Samsung TV. When I remove power or the HDMI cable the message on the TV changes to "No Signal". The only other feedback I'm getting is a white light on the Roku box itself when connected to power. I've tried everything I can think to try and nothing resolves the issue.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
eambroz
Level 7

Re: Check Signal Cable - Roku Express

I'm having the same issue with my Roku 1 and Samsung TV.  New cables, etc., and nothing is working.  Any advice would be great.

0 Kudos
pmoss
Level 7

Re: Check Signal Cable - Roku Express

same issue as above two instances. ANny help available? Is this a ROKU problem or a Samsung TV problem?

0 Kudos