Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ebc1973
Level 8

Channels keep getting added

Jump to solution

I'm getting very frustrated. Every time I use an app for a while, when I go back on my home screen, the CNNGo app has been added. I do not want this irritating channel. I keep deleting it, it keeps popping up. This is the only app this happens with. Also, I'll hear random beeps, as if someone is pushing a button on the remote. This sounds does not appear when using controls on a phone or computer. I live out in the country with no neighbors, so it can't be a conflicting system. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Channels keep getting added

Jump to solution
In the meanwhile, while trying to figure this out, you can log onto your account on my.roku.com, go to https://my.roku.com/account/pin, and set a PIN that must be entered when adding a channel.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

6 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

So you're using a remote control app on your phone?  Is it the official Roku app or one of the numerous 3rd party apps?  If you remove the app from your phone or just leave your phone off does it still happen?

ebc1973
Level 8

Jump to solution

I used the official Roku app to test the remote capability. I've since gone into settings, and disabled the ability to use it. The channels are still being added. 

0 Kudos
Karmagedon
Level 10

Jump to solution

Not sure about the noise you hear but maybe there is more than one device on your account?  If channel added to one device, it will be added to all devices.  Someone can be using another roku around you to control but you should see movement on device if they use to control.  To add channels using mobile app they have to be log into account first.

makaiguy
Level 20

Jump to solution
In the meanwhile, while trying to figure this out, you can log onto your account on my.roku.com, go to https://my.roku.com/account/pin, and set a PIN that must be entered when adding a channel.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

ebc1973
Level 8

Jump to solution

No "In the meanwhile" about it! This solved my problem! Going on two days now without CNNGo popping up! I rarely, if ever, add channels. I have my 7 channels on my home screen, and that's all I want. Don't mind hitting a 4 digit PIN on the rare occasion I need a new channel. 

0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Level 12

Jump to solution

Would you consider adding Old School Social Studies Films or KungFu Saturday Afternoon Jawn?  Both are with limited commercials & quality archive & public domain shorts & features?

0 Kudos